The aim of Archimedes III is to boost excellence and promote research in the Greek Technological Education Institutions.
The Action is also expected to contribute to:
- the personnel support of the Technological Education Institutions towards upgrading their capabilities to develop high quality research work.
- the collaboration between different research groups, from different Institutions/Universities, working on the same or similar projects. This group effort is expected to have an impact on the scientific progress as well as on the social and economic development of the country.
At the same time, co-operation links with researchers and institutions from abroad are expected to be established. In addition, it is anticipated that the conditions for the participation of the Greek Technological Education Institutions in the international research networks and projects/programmes with high added value for the country to be improved.
In addition to this Dr Feest has previously been appointed as an external reviewer for SEE-ERA.NET. In essence, SEE-ERA.NET PLUS is the next step in further integrating the Western Balkan Countries (WBC) and its key research communities into the European Research Area (ERA).
It will further enhance the coordination of bilateral R&D cooperation with WBC and lift it up to an activity at European level. By joining forces and by pooling financial resources, the SEE-ERA.NET PLUS consortium brings critical mass to bear.
The SEE-ERA.NET PLUS consortium consists of seventeen partners from fourteen countries (EU Member States, the South Eastern European (SEE) region and Turkey). It involves the relevant R&D programme owners from the involved countries, which are ministries or agencies responsible for science, technology and/or research.
- Executing R&D with WBC against strategic priorities at European level;
- Continued integration of bilateral RTD initiatives into multilateral, jointly agreed, activities with high synergetic impact;
- Reducing duplication of effort across Europe, and avoid development of unnecessary parallel solutions;SEE-ERA.NET PLUS supports:
- Strengthening research communities from new member states and WBC and preparing them for participation in FP7;
- Satisfying the need for R&D cooperation in the SEE region, as proven by huge interest in the Pilot Joint Call of SEE-ERA.NET.