Ecosulis has long held the ISO standard 9001 but has recently attained ISO 14001 and is in the initial stages of progressing through OHSAS 18001, the international occupational health and safety management system specification. The combination of these three elements will reduce the amount of time spent completing arduous pre-qualification questionnaires and help us to achieve preferred supplier status with our clients.
While both 9001 and 14001 are important standards to achieve, the attainment of OHSAS 18001 is a real challenge for any company to achieve and will demonstrate that we are committed to:
- Providing a framework that allows our organisation to identify and control its health and safety risks, thus reducing risk to employees, customers and suppliers
- Reducing the costs associated with accidents at work
- Achieving enhanced staff morale and motivation
- Demonstrating legal and regulatory compliance
- Demonstrating that our delivery is managed efficiently and responsibly
All of the above points are applicable to every area of our business. All our surveys, whether going out to survey for bats, badger or great crested newt, through to carrying out Ecological Clerk of Works roles alongside busy roads are subject to site-specific risk assessment. We always ensure that our staff have the most up to date training and are constantly reviewing our training database to ensure that risk is minimised wherever possible.