Posted by Roderick Ellison - MSc BSc (Hons) AIEMA on 25/08/2010
The decision to grandfather has been on the following technologies:
- Anaerobic Digestion and Energy from Waste with CHP – will get fully grandfathered support at the rate awarded at accreditation;
- Dedicated biomass – will have support for non-fuel costs only grandfathered, based on the banding at accreditation; and
- Advanced conversion technologies – will get grandfathering at current rates.
No grandfathering for:
- Bioliquids – will not be grandfathered and support will be reviewed at the RO banding review in the autumn;and
- Energy Crop Uplift – will also not be grandfathered and the level of supported needed to help establish fuel supply chains will be considered in the banding review.